Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Very First Cover Letter

I found this in some old papers. It is from a writing 121 assignment in college. What a snotty little know-it-all I was.

22 November 1977

Potential Employers
US Corporate World
Industrial Avenue
Anywhere USA 00000

Dear  Potential Employer:

The time has arrived for me to seek a position as a member of the American working class. Having been born and raised in the United States of America and having completed the expected studies to receive an undergraduate degree, I feel it is your obligation to our social structure to grant me a job.

I have no experience outside the sheltered life of the academic environment and have very little understanding of the workings of the business world. Aside from buying groceries, paying rent, and paying the phone bill, I have rarely dealt with the business world. But I am educated and have become reasonably familiar with the theory behind the money-making endeavors that keep our country in motion.

I am particularly interested in working with one of the numerous international corporations which are currently using their vast capital to exploit and control the third world. I feel that because I have had no personal contact or experience dealing with the peoples of those countries, I am particularly well suited to handle such business; I would not be subject to consideration of the life-styles that are already established in each third world country.

I will be sitting indefinitely by my telephone, awaiting your calls. I look forward to becoming a part of the great American power machine.

Yours most likely,
Anne E Chalmers

No comments:

Screamers

Screamers
Is Penny having fun yet?